Wellness House at UI Health Mile Square
The UI Health Cancer Center has partnered with Wellness House to provide programs and classes to help meet the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of cancer patients and their families.
Programs offered at UI Health include:
- Information & Education — Providing helpful information while dealing with cancer, from updates on the latest treatments and help with insurance, to learning how to manage side effects.
- Exercise/Mind-Body Movement — Classes help to increase energy, decrease nausea, improve treatment outcomes, and reduce risk of recurrence.
- Nutrition — Good Nutrition and hydration are important during treatment. These classes help to reduce treatment-related side effects, improve cooking skills, learn about cancer-fighting foods, and manage weight.
- Stress Management — Classes and groups that help to lessen the stress caused by cancer, including meditation and self-expression through art and music.
- Child & Family Programs — Family programs help children and families learn about cancer and how to express their feelings in a safe and welcoming place.
- Support & Counseling — Weekly and monthly groups offer a chance to share stories and experiences with others affected by cancer.
Choose the program that is right for you!
All Wellness House programs are FREE and for those impacted by cancer. (All classes taught in English except the Mat Yoga class on Wednesdays in Spanish.)
For more information or to register for programs, visit wellnesshouse.org/UIHealth