Charles K. Abrams, MD, PhD
get to know our provider
Dr. Charles Abrams is a physician scientist and neuromuscular neurologist at UI Health. Dr. Abrams' clinical practice focuses on delivering the highest level of multidisciplinary care in a single visit to patients with neuromuscular disorders, such as ALS, muscular dystrophy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT), myasthenia gravis, and other diseases affecting nerves and muscles. His goal is to deliver the highest level of care, including providing patients to the most up-to-date treatments for these disorders and maximizing their access to clinical trials, where appropriate. Dr. Abrams is the director of the comprehensive UIC Neuromuscular Center, which is an ALS Association-certified ALS Center of Excellence, Muscular Dystrophy Association-sponsored Clinical Care Center, and Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Association Center of Excellence.
specialties & services
Outpatient Care Center, Suite 4E
1801 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Fellowship: Johns Hopkins Medical College — Baltimore, MD
- Residency: New York Hospital/Cornell University Medical College — New York, NY
- Residency: Johns Hopkins Medical College — Baltimore, MD
- Internship: Beth Israel Medical Center — New York, NY
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine — Bronx York, NY
- Board Certification: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Neurology, Neuromuscular Neurology)