John Karl Frederiksen, MD, PhD
Get to know our provider
Dr. John Frederiksen practices in the Department of Pathology at UI Health. Dr. Frederiksen specializes in the diagnosis and subclassification of malignant and non-malignant disorders of the hematolymphoid organs (lymph nodes, spleen, blood, and bone marrow). This is achieved through a combination of microscopic examination of fixed specimens (blood/aspirate smears or tissue sections); immunophenotyping by immunohistochemistry or flow cytometry; cytogenetic analysis (metaphase karyotyping and/or fluorescence in situ hybridization techniques); and molecular genetic testing. Dr. Frederiksen's clinical interests also include the optimal utilization of clinical tests, such as flow cytometry.
Specialties & Services
- Molecular Genetic Pathology
- Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
Department of Pathology, Suite 130
840 S. Wood St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Fellowship: University of Michigan Health System — Ann Arbor, MI
- Fellowship: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine — Miami, FL
- Residency: University of Rochester Medical Center — Rochester, NY
- Medical School: University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Board Certifications: Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Hematology, & Molecular Genetic Pathology