Jose de la Cruz, MD, MSc
get to know our provider
Dr. Jose de la Cruz practices in the Department of Ophthalmology at UI Health. Dr. de la Cruz specializes in refractive surgery (LASIK), advanced technology intraocular lens implantation, laser-assisted cataract and cornea surgery, and complex corneal transplant surgery. At the Illinois Eye & Ear Infirmary, Dr. de la Cruz developed the Artificial Cornea and Keratoprosthesis (KPro) Program, considered the top artificial cornea service in the Midwest. A trusted authority in the field, Dr. de la Cruz has co-authored several papers and book chapters comprising topics including keratoprosthesis surgery, refractive surgery in presbyopic age group, infections in refractive surgery, and outcomes of laser-assisted cataract surgery. He is certified in the use of the LenSx® Femtosecond Laser System for cataract surgery.
Specialties & Services
- Cataract Surgery
- Cornea Transplant
- Intraocular Lens Placement (Secondary)
- Ocular Trauma
Specialty Care Building
1009 S. Wood St.
Chicago, IL 60612
Millennium Park Eye Center, Suite 410
30 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60602
- Medical School: Ponce School of Medicine
- Residency: New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Fellowship: Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts Eye Ear Infirmary (Cornea External Diseases and Refractive Surgery)
- Fellowship: University of Illinois/Illinois Eye & Ear Infirmary (Advanced Refractive Surgery & Cornea)