Michael J. Heiferman, MD
get to know our provider
Dr. Michael Heiferman practices in the Department of Ophthalmology at UI Health. Dr. Heiferman cares for patients with vitreoretinal disorders and conditions related to tumors of the eye, including ocular melanoma, hemangiomas, and cancers that have spread to the eye from other parts of the body. He is an expert in using the most advanced diagnostic tests to make a personalized treatment plan for every patient. Dr. Heiferman provides a comprehensive, team-based approach to the care of patients with retinal disease, and he has an active interest in clinical trials and advanced surgical techniques. His interests also include the management of diabetic retinopathy; macular pucker and macular holes; central serous chorioretinopathy; and complications following cataract surgery.
specialties & services
- Ocular Oncology
- Vitreoretinal Surgery
Specialty Care Building
1009 S. Wood St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Fellowship: Ocular Oncology at Stanford University
- Fellowship: Vitreoretinal Surgery at University of Illinois Chicago
- Residency: Northwestern University
- Internship: University of Chicago - NorthShore
- Medical School: Northwestern University
- Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology