- Biliary Tree Disease
- Colorectal Cancer & Screenings
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Functional Bowel Disorders
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD, Chronic Diarrhea)
- Hepatology (Liver Disease)
- Non-Surgical Weight Loss
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Small Intestinal Rehab and Transplantation
Biliary Tree Disease, Cholangiocarcinoma
At UI Health, our team of therapeutic endoscopists treats patients with disorders and diseases of the biliary tree, including:
- Bile duct disease: We manage strictures and blockages of the bile ducts, whether these are benign (as in primary sclerosing cholangitis or post-liver transplant patients) or malignant (bile duct cancer or cholangiocarcinoma). Cholangiocarcinoma is a cancer in the slender tubes that carry the digestive fluid bile through the liver.
- Bile duct stones: Choledocholithiasis (also called bile duct stones or gallstones in the bile duct) is the presence of a gallstone in the common bile duct.
- Gallstones: We specialize in removal of large or complex stones from the bile ducts using a variety of techniques and modern technology.