Center for Reproductive Health
The Center for Reproductive Health at UI Health is grounded in the belief that every person has a right to plan if, when, and how to have a family. Our mission is to provide compassionate, all-inclusive, and highly skilled reproductive healthcare. Every member of our expert team is dedicated to delivering empathic and holistic care that meets each patients’ concerns and needs.
About The Center for Reproductive Health
We specialize in providing miscarriage, abortion, and contraceptive care. In addition to offering expert care, our program collaborates with every specialty at UI Health, including Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Hematology, Cardiology, and more, pertaining to a patient's reproductive health.
Our team is here to listen to you and to care for your sexual and reproductive health needs. At the UI Health Center for Reproductive Health, your safety, and comfort are our top priorities.
- Sensitive care in a private, supportive environment.
- Personalized counseling about options and services for your individual needs.
- Safe, compassionate abortion care.
- Specialized care options for patients with complex needs.
- Various birth control (contraception) options.
Safe Abortion Care Options
Abortion is healthcare. In Illinois, abortion is legal. Our team is here to provide safe, judgment-free services for all patients seeking abortion options that fit their unique needs.
Comprehensive Reproductive Health Services
We offer safe, confidential, and comprehensive reproductive healthcare services including contraception and pregnancy termination for miscarriage or abortion.
Our services include:
- Birth control consultation, including contraceptive care for individuals with complex medical problems and or emergency situations. Several birth control options we offer include:
- Hormonal and nonhormonal contraception
- Emergency Contraception
- Intrauterine device (IUD) management, including difficult insertion and removal procedures
- Contraceptive implant (Nexplanon) management, including complex removal procedures
- Permanent contraception (tubal ligation)
- Medical and procedural abortion
- Management of early pregnancy loss
- Pregnancy loss counseling
- Care for ectopic pregnancy, including rare cases involving implantation in the cervix or a cesarean scar.
Our team also offers specialized care for patients who take medications that may interact with birth control or other conditions.
Why Choose Us
Our physicians are board-certified in Complex Family Planning, and have extensive experience in contraception, abortion, and miscarriage care. Our team provides quality, personalized care to everyone, including those with complex medical needs.
We understand that every situation is unique, and we take the time to listen to what you need to feel comfortable, and to answer all your questions. We are dedicated to providing:
- Personalized counseling for birth control, fertility awareness, and abortion and miscarriage services.
- Permanent contraception (sterilization or tubal ligation) regardless of age, marital status, or previous pregnancy history
Flexible Payment Options
We accept every Illinois Medicaid plan, and most private insurance plans for all our services. For those seeking abortion care without insurance coverage, we work closely with independent agencies so that you pay only what you can.
Request an Appointment
To schedule an appointment at the Center for Reproductive Health, please call 312.413.8681.
For Referring Physicians
We offer various options for external providers to contact and refer patients to us in a direct and easy way. Click here to refer a patient.
If you have questions or would like more information, please call 312.413.8681.