Urgent Care at Mile Square Health Center
UI Health Urgent Care at Mile Square is a good alternative to the emergency department. An urgent care center is a walk-in clinic focused on the delivery of medical care for minor illnesses and injuries in an ambulatory medical facility outside of a traditional hospital-based or freestanding emergency department (ED). You can walk right in without an appointment to get the care you need.
Our Urgent Care provides immediate care and treatment for common injuries and illnesses that do not require a visit to the Emergency Department. Our walk-in clinic is located at the Mile Square Health Center-Main location - no appointments necessary.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, IMMEDIATELY CALL 911.
Urgent Care Services
The Urgent Care Center at UI Health Mile Square is a way to access care without going to the Emergency Department. Our providers focus on delivering immediate care and treatment of non-life-threatening injuries and conditions.
Common conditions treated at Urgent Care include:
- Injuries requiring X-rays
- Cuts requiring stitches
- Cold and flu
- Fevers, sore throats, and earaches
- Sports injuries
- Other minor ailments in children and adults
We also have walk-in behavioral health at all of our urgent care locations, which provides immediate attention for behavioral health situations and crises.
Visit our Emergency Department if you are experiencing any of the following conditions:
- Eye injury
- Symptoms of heart attack (severe chest pain) or stroke (changes in speech, limb weakness, numbness)
- Symptoms of seizures (temporary confusion/loss of consciousness, stiff muscles, staring spell, uncontrollable jerking movements of the legs and arms)
- Severe injuries, including head injuries/loss of consciousness and burns
- Severe pain, such as abdominal pain and very painful headaches
- Signs of infection in children less than 3 months old, such as fever, rapid breathing, elevated heart rate, and cold hands and feet
- Shortness of breath
- Pregnancy-related problems, including abdominal pain and vaginal bleeding
Urgent Care Location & Hours
Urgent Care at UI Health Mile Square Health Center
1220 S. Wood St
Chicago, IL 60608
Monday through Friday: 8 am - 7 pm
Weekends & Holidays: 10 am - 5:30 pm.
The Urgent Care Center is conveniently located just a few blocks from the hospital at 1220 South Wood Street (Directions) at the corner of Roosevelt and Wood Streets. Parking is free.
The Roosevelt Bus #12 (route information) stops right at the front door, and the Polk Station pink line stop is within walking distance.
To schedule a regular primary care appointment, call 312.996.2000.