The nurse-midwives at UI Health work in partnership with obstetricians, Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians, and other specialists. Our nurse midwives collaborate with your team of women’s health providers to manage your care from routine care like pap-smears to more comprehensive pregnancy and post-natal related care. Nurse midwives are also able to refer patients as needed or upon request.
It’s important to consider all options for your birthing needs and desires. UI Health’s nurse midwives listen, consult, and share in your decision-making toward determining what type of care is best.
Why Consider a Nurse Midwife?
Reasons a patient may consider a nurse midwife for their healthcare needs:
- Personalized care: Nurse-midwives offer individualized care that is tailored to the patient’s personal needs and goals. Nurse-midwives, a holistic approach to healthcare.
- Lower medical/surgical intervention rates: Studies show that midwife-led care is associated with lower rates of c-sections, episiotomies, and use of pain medications.
- Primary Focus on natural birth: Nurse-midwives are trained and specialized to support physiological childbirth.
- Continuity of care: Nurse-midwives care for patients throughout their entire pregnancy, birth, and postpartum period. This can lead to better outcomes for both the mother and baby.
- Collaboration with physicians: Nurse-midwives work alongside physicians and provide services both in the hospital and in our clinics.
Our Nurse-Midwifery Team
Our nurse-midwives can support patients health care needs beyond pregnancy. We offer a variety of services to provide holistic care to women, transgender, and non-binary people at any age.
- Alternative Pain Management
- Birth Control
- Breast Exam
- Breastfeeding Support
- Labor and Delivery Services
- Natural Childbirth Resources
- Postnatal Care
- Low-risk Obstetric Postpartum Support
- Prenatal Care
- Annual Wellness Exam
- STD/STI Screening
- Vaginal and urinary tract infection treatment
- Nonhormonal and hormonal birth control
UI Health is proud to work towards centering the voices of our patients while improving women’s experience in pregnancy and postpartum by providing racial concordant midwifery care.